Are you a UNSW student or recent alumni with a serious interest in becoming an entrepreneur?
Looking for a platform to develop an idea into a real startup business?
Already an entrepreneur but keen to start something new with a new team?
What is Startup Launch?
Startup Launch is a program designed to create real startups from aspiring UNSW student and alumni entrepreneurs. The program runs throughout March and successful applicants will form startup teams, receive mentoring from seasoned entrepreneurs and pitch for some amazing prizes!
UNSW Innovations has partnered with amazing mentors to bring to you this very special program:
In the program you will:
Pitch yourself as an amazing team member, develop ideas, form teams, validate business concepts and markets, prototype and perfect the startup pitch! Not to mention have an awesome time with a great bunch of people!
What you will get:
- A better understanding of the entrepreneur ecosystem and what it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Mentoring and advice from some of Australia’s best entrepreneurs
- Awesome networks from your fellow entrepreneurial students and alumni, seasoned entrepreneurs and other amazing folk from the startup ecosystem and industry
- Opportunity to win prizes including a cash grant from the Arc & UNSW Innovations Alliance MVP Grant Fund and access to the FounderLab services – including professional engineers who will help to build your first product!
- Other prizes to be announced and all teams that continue with their startup will automatically qualify for UNSW Innovations Student Entrepreneur Development support including mentoring and access to thousands of dollars’ worth of free services from our partners.
This is not a game! Startup Launch demands 3-4 of your weekends throughout March and lots of time inbetween - this means it’s all or nothing in terms of commitment!
5th - 31st March 2016
Week 1 - Saturday & Sunday (10am-4pm) on March 5th & 6th
Week 2 - Saturday & Sunday (10am-4pm) on March 12th & 13th
Week 3 - Saturday & Sunday (10am-4pm) on March 19th & 20th
Final Pitch - Thursday (5.30 - 9pm) on March 31st
Teams will also be expected to work on their new startup businesses between classes to get the most out of the program.
For those interested in applying to be a part of this program:
Please read the instructions carefully and note the creation of a short (1 minute) YouTube video and link to that video is required.
Applications are only open to current UNSW students and recent alumni (up to 5 years after graduation). Only 25 applicants will be accepted into this program.
All applications will be judged as individuals (not teams) and applicants must be prepared to work on new ideas. Due to the volume of applications we receive individual feedback will not be given.
Applications close 11:50pm Sunday February 28th, 2016.
Hear about the program and our services from one of last year's participants.