The Student Entrepreneur Legal Centre (SELC) is a free legal service that supports students that are part of our student and alumni (within 5 years of graduation) entrepreneur community. Where a student/alumni founded business idea needs general commercial legal support, the Student Entrepreneur Development team will refer them to the SELC.
Services provided by SELC include:
- Company registration and management advice. If a student would like to have more than one company registered, it will need to be discussed by the SED group and approved/considered on a case by case basis.
- Intellectual property advice, including trade mark and design registration.
- Business structuring advice (shareholder agreements etc).
- Operational advice (standard terms and conditions, services agreements).
- Privacy advice.
- Consumer law advice.
- Negotiation assistance.
- Other forms of corporate and commercial advice.
- Referral to external services providers.
The following services are not available at the SELC:
- Comprehensive taxation law advice (basic tax issues may be explained if they are incidental).
- Management or involvement in any dispute.
- Employment law advice (other than template agreements and basic advice about the broad obligations of employers).
Contact our Student Entrepreneur Development team for a referral by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone (02) 9385 5008 for more information.