This invention is available under licence for free
Developed within the Centre for Eye Health in the School of Optometry and Vision Science, this blink comparator program is specifically designed to enhance and simplify the process of detecting subtle changes in sequential photographs of the eye that are indicative of early progression of eye diseases.
- Simple importing process of the majority of image file types
- Basic internal auto alignment on certain image types
- Automated enhanced colour and zoom functions
- Simple controls for manual alignment and image enhancement
- Save function for sharing flicker files with other associated practitioners
This programme is designed to enhance the early detection of eye disease to minimise preventable vision loss in the community.
Glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy are all chronic, progressive eye diseases.
Early detection is often critical to ensuring the best possible management however early signs of change are typically subtle.
This technology is available for free as an Easy Access IP Licence. UNSW is seeking a partner to license this technology.